Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Barbie Project

The instructions for this project were to take the proportions of a cartoon character and apply them to a celebrity. My original idea was to use a chipmunk from Alvin and the Chipmunks and Justin Beiber. However, I decided that Justin might not have a heavy enough build and would be difficult to transform. I ended up using Jason Segel from 'How I met your Mother' as he has a heavier build and a wider face.
These are the source pictures that I started with. (I found them on Google Images):

       


I then liquified Jason's face and made his torso 2/3 of his body as the chipmunk's sweatshirt is 2/3 of his body. I also curved and modified the legs. I think the cheeks and legs were successful. I got rid of the background because it was messy. The only part of this that I do not like is the background:

This project taught me how to observe and apply proportions using Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment